SIGFarmaco terá atividade no dia 16/09/2020 por Webconferência debatendo: “Influência do Oua-Na,K-ATPase na sinalização inflamatória”11 de setembro de 2020
Nota de falecimento do Dr. Elisaldo Carlini17 de setembro de 2020
- Welcoming five new members
The ISC warmly welcomes five new additions to its membership:
- Académie Nationale des Sciences, Arts et Lettres du Bénin (ANSALB) – Member Organization
- Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (ASSA) – Affiliated Member
- Association of Asian Social Science Research Councils (AASSREC) – Member Organization
- International Network for Advancing Science and Policy (INASP) – Affiliated Member
- International Society for Porous Media (InterPore) – Affiliated Member
We look very much forward to our collaboration and encourage other ISC Members to connect with our new members, for example on social media (links to the social media accounts can be found on the respective websites).
- United Nations General Assembly
The 75th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) opens tomorrow, a provisional agenda is available here: http://undocs.org/en/A/75/150. Browse our UN events calendar to find out when all UN-related events take place in the coming months: https://council.science/what-we-do/our-work-at-the-un/un-related-events/. Please feel free to share these links with your members and wider networks.
ISC Members are also invited to participate in the following webinars around the General Assembly. Details are still being finalized and we invite you to check the Membership Notice Board (under “Key ISC Dates”) for updates:
- “Transformations Within Reach”, 29 September, 9 – 10am EDT, hosted by Norway as part of the IIASA-ISC Consultative Science Platform. Speakers will include:
Ø H.E. Ban Ki-moon, former UN Secretary General of the United Nations and Patron of the IIASA-ISC Consultative Science Platform,
Ø H.E. Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland, Chair of the Elders, ISC Patron and Chair of the Advisory Board of the IIASA – ISC Consultative Science Platform
Ø Heide Hackmann, CEO ISC; Albert van Jaarslveld, CEO of IIASA; and Leena Srivastava, Deputy Director General for Science, IIASA (moderator)
- The UN Research Roadmap to COVID-19 recovery will be launched around the time of the UN General Assembly. Details will follow soon, but if you want early notice in your inbox, we suggest signing up to the dedicated email distribution list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the Discussion on the Future of Scientific and Scholarly Publishing
We are still accepting comments on the draft discussion paper until 30 September: https://council.science/discussion-paper-sci-pub (password: ISC-Scientific-Publishing). Please share your feedback as soon as possible so that we can ensure that perspectives from all ISC members are taken into account. You can also email any comments directly to email@example.com.
We hope that you will be able to join us at one of the virtual meetings to discuss the paper:
- Register for the virtual discussion on 22 September (14:00 – 16:00 UTC/16:00 – 18:00 CEST): https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctdOmrqjwtGtAQXteErvrQomnft5NzeBRo
- Register for the virtual discussion on 29 September (07:00 – 09:00 UTC/09:00 – 11:00 CEST): https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYod-6prD8tGdM49f41LPNp3aoAA7koloO3
Please submit one official feedback on the draft discussion paper per ISC Member only, and we kindly ask you not to share the ISC Member-only link and survey with others.
You may also be interested to read the ISC occasional paper on business models and market structure within the scholarly communications sector. This paper has just been published and is intended as a complement to the draft discussion paper: https://council.science/publications/business-models/.
- UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
UNESCO has recently published inputs on the science community’s values and principles for Open Science, Open Access and Open Data, as part of its mandate to develop an international standard-setting instrument on Open Science. We invite you to read the ISC’s draft working paper (https://council.science/publications/open-science-for-the-21st-century/) and browse the submissions from the international science community: https://en.unesco.org/science-sustainable-future/open-science/recommendation.
- ISC Membership Notice Board
We encourage you to visit the ISC Membership Notice Board on a regular basis as we add information such as opportunities, dates and deadlines that are of interest to ISC Members on a regular basis: https://council.science/members/membership-notice-board/. Recent additions to the notice board include:
- Call for Nominations for the Integrated Marine Biosphere Research project’s Scientific Steering Committee (deadline: 15 September)
- Online capacity-building workshop for stakeholders in the European Region to effectively engage with the United Nations Environment Assembly (17 – 18 September)
- Call for Nominations for ISC Unions & Associations: Nominate a liaison to participate in the Digital Representation of Units of Measure (deadline: 25 September)
- Call for Nominations to Become a Distinguished Fellow of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (deadline: 1 October)
Please feel free to share these dates and opportunities with your members and wider networks.
Thank you for your continued support and please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Anne Thieme | Membership Liaison Officer
International Science Council (ISC)